Monday, January 7, 2008

Should Huckleberry Finn Be Taught In CHS

I think Huck Finn should be taught in CHS. Due to what I read it has a lot of things about history in it, like how meanly blacks were treated and how the government was not as advanced as it is today. One example of the government being ignorant is when Huck Finn killed a pig to fake his own death. If government was advanced as it is today they would have figured out it was animal blood and not human right away. On the other hand I feel we shouldn’t read it because I think it is inappropriate for them to be saying the n word as much as they do. Besides all the negativity the book is really good and educating about our history and how things were then and how they are now. It also makes me and others see how far we have come from them and how close blacks and whites are today.

No comments: