Monday, March 16, 2009

Student/ Teacher Article



For years kids go to school to get an education. Everyday we go to school, in a classroom with about 30 students and one teacher. We sit in class and learn lessons by a teacher. Most of the time a student will have a question and a teacher will answer if that teacher knows the answer. Teachers will assign the students work where the student will complete the work on his or her own with an exception of some help from a teacher. Sometimes the class will be to big for a teacher to do one on one an help a student out, so in that case he or she will say do it on your own.

Relationships between students vary. Not all students and teachers get along. In some cases students almost feel neglected by teachers. Julia Fusco states “I sometimes feel abandon by a certain teachers” she didn’t want me to say the name of the teacher even though I knew who she was talking about. Other students like Ashante Richards feels teachers ignore her when she asked questions, she claims “Ackerman ignores me all the time”. I’m afraid she wasn’t the only one person who felt that way. I personally asked Ackerman if he walks away from students when they ask a question he says yes I do that everyday” I was socked he wouldn’t admit something that so many students get mad at him for doing. But then he said “but because some student ask inappropriate questions or they are off topic. That made me understand the reason for the actions of some teachers.

Not all teachers and students have problems each student has their own opinion on the way teachers teach and act. My interview with Nicole Golden shows close relationships with teachers she says “teachers are pretty friendly and take the time to build relationships with students so much, that I call Brasof my uncle and Romero m dad”. While most students feel ignored and neglected Krista McCormick, another student I interviewed, on the other hand she said “teachers don’t ignore me but then again I don’t ask for their attention that much”.

As you can see, there are different types of relationships between students and teachers. Teachers and students have their ups and downs depending on the way a student or teacher acts. For some students, teachers are rude and ignore you to other students teachers are like family and good teachers.

No comments: